•   almost 9 years ago

VistA apps won't start up on defatult VMs

Hi,

On Windows when I launch CPRS Chart or any of the related VistA clients, I get the error message: "Function:Connect, Error:WSAECONNREFUSED".

Also, Cahcé will not load for me: when I click the Caché task bar icon and select Start it says "(112) The service for Cache instance did not start".

I haven't changed anything on the systems since I got them other than the default admin/user Windows password. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 12 comments

•   •   almost 9 years ago

If you're unable to find a solution, can you provision new VMs for me? Thanks.

• Manager   •   almost 9 years ago

This issue will be answered via private message to the contestant.

Contest Administrator

•   •   almost 9 years ago

Hello,

This question is very pertinent to a similar question I was planning on asking for my team. Could you please also forward your reply to me as well.

Thank you.

•   •   almost 9 years ago

"This issue will be answered via private message to the contestant."

I have not been contacted yet. Per the contest guidelines, I need a test system. I'm happy to work with you to get this fixed (again, I changed nothing on the machines), but no one seems to be available, so I request that you provide one new Windows VM and two new Linux VMs.

Paul, I'll let you know the resolution, but hopefully they reach out to you too.

•   •   almost 9 years ago

Daniel -- the issue is probably sent to the email address that you registered for the competition. If you need a copy of the fix (it's non-contestant specific) then email me at justin.mealey@gmail.com

•   •   almost 9 years ago

I received a how-to guide to fix this from the admins today. Thanks! Looks like it should work.

Much appreciated, Justin, maybe Paul who had the same problem in this thread will reach out to you.

•   •   almost 9 years ago

I am also having a similar problem. Could you please also forward your reply to me as well?

Thanks
    Alex

• Manager   •   almost 9 years ago

The remediation instructions have been sent to the e-mail of record for each contest registrant. Please send a private message to the contest administrator if a resend is required.

•   •   over 8 years ago

How do I send a private message to the contest administrator for a resend?

•   •   over 8 years ago

If anyone has received the fix from VA for the 'CPRS Connection was Refused' issue, please send it to me at joy2theworld71@gmail.com.

It has been 5 days and I have not received a response from the contest administrator/challenge manager yet.

•   •   over 8 years ago

We are running into the same problem. Cache' is running, however, it will not connect on 2 of 3 of our VM's

•   •   over 8 years ago

I am having this problem too. I think it's because I entered the wrong password to CPRM too many times? Does anyone know the default access code / verify code for CPRM?

Comments are closed.