•   over 9 years ago

Purpose of test scripts

What is the purpose of the provided test scripts located on the VM’s, it looks like they are created to run each scenario and populate the VistA database? It is our understanding that this is what the contest was designed to demonstrate.

• 6 comments

•   •   over 9 years ago

My understanding is that Scenario001 populates the Vista database with some test data that the rest of the scenarios will then be expected to operate on.

I believe that the remaining ones (Scenario002-008) are there as placeholders only. If you look in the .py files you'll see that they don't do anything but raise an error.

Idea is, if you end up using CTest for your automated tests, you could extend these empty tests to run your software. Having the placeholders there saves you some setup time.

That said, the docs seem to say that you can use whatever automation harness you want, so long as you make the instructions very easy for the admins to follow.

However, at this point I'm having trouble getting the Scenario001 to run. It's just timing out and failing. And when I run cmake as the documentation suggests (which I gather is supposed to return everything to the initial state), I get an error saying it can't connect to Telnet... even though I can connect to telnet manually no problem.

Any moderators want to comment on the expected behavior here?

•   •   over 9 years ago

Ah, I got a little further. I managed to run Scenario001 *most* of the way through (on windows) by following these steps. Hopefully this will help somebody else out there. [DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what I'm doing. There's a good chance that taking these steps could seriously hose you. ;) ]

1. Click the blue Cubie in the windows status bar and select "System Management Portal"

2. Login "admin" / "password"

3. Select Security Management > Users > UnknownUser [edit]

4. Change the "Startup Tag^Routine" to nothing. Save.

Now when I run ctest in the UseCases/ folder, the Scenario001 is able to actually get into the roll'n'scroll and do some of its work. Still failing partway through, but it's progress. :)

•   •   over 9 years ago

Another hurdle on my windows VM. The installed version of CPRS is not compatible with the server. When I tried to log in as fakedoc2, it told me so.

Steps to get a working one...

1. Download the latest version from here...

2. Unzip it. Note that if you try to run it, it gets mad that you're missing a borland DLL.

3. Happily, the DLL is on your windows VM under C:\Users\contestant\Desktop\CPRS_OR_30_280_With_Dll\OR_30_280\borlndmm.dll ... Copy that sucker into whatever folder you unzipped into above.

4. Hooray! You can now start CPRS and it'll talk to your local server.

•   •   over 9 years ago

Cool Scott -- don't forget to build the environment exactly with make, custom installer, etc. if you're configuring it away from the defaults. They'll reload the VM from the defaults multiple times along with running whatever installers you include instructions for, so you don't want to base anything off of settings that will go away.

•   •   over 9 years ago

Thanks Justin!

•   •   over 9 years ago

It is our understanding that the test scripts are to test the VistA environment on nomal operating cases to make sure that what you have added to the environment has not *broken* VistA or caused any unexplained problems. By running through the scenarios, they can see that they would still be able to operate VistA as they are now while simultaneously operating the scheduling integration. We see no reference that the scripts should be running our integrated scheduling software - they should only be performing in VistA.

Comments are closed.